Release

Friday, January 6, 2017

It's finally the first Friday of 2017!  I wanted to hop back on the blog today to reflect on the first week of 2017, and share my goals for this next year!

As of currently, I have chosen Release to be my word of the year.  I want to release tension, doubt, fear, and worry.  As I graduate, I want to release myself as an arrow...forward.  I love the reality of an arrow -- at first it is pulled back with great force, until it is let go.  It flies forward with even greater release, as it travels forward.

This week was long and slow and boring and restful.  I chose to leave my part-time job at the conclusion of 2016, so that I could better prepare and focus on fieldwork and graduation.  It was a hard reality to face in leaving a relatively steady, albeit small, income -- but I knew my mind needed the break.  So, this week I had a lot A LOT of free time on my hands.

I wanted to start this year in a new way -- so I purchased and dived into Make it Happen, by Lara Casey.  Chapter one has be hooked!  Also, I was lucky and fortunate to get my hands on some Powersheets from Cultivate What Matters.  (They have since sold out on both yearly and 6-month editions ... follow them on Instagram for updates on a potential mid-year restock!)

My first goal of the year is to complete Kayla Itsines 12-week BBG guide at least once!  I've tried it previously, but did not make it past the fourth week -- so this time, I'm joining the worldwide challenge which begins next Monday!


I am so looking forward to the adventures this year will bring!  Front and center on my vision board are two other BIG goals: graduate college and pay off my student loans (< $1,800 from WSU and $0 from WITC!)  From there, it's all dreams: go on a real vacation, upgrade my vehicle, move to a different state.  It's going to be a good, sweet year!

But, there is also not as fun stuff to look forward too: filing taxes, taking my board exam, being unemployed for six-months.  But, for everything there is a season friends!  And with the good, often comes the bad too.  I won't complain too much as this year looks to bring a lot of promise to it!

I'm off to accomplish one other goal I have for this year: spend more time with my cat!  Call me cray, but I love that ball of fluff and until someone hunkier and funnier comes along, he's my main guy.


What are some of your goals for this year?

Post a Comment

freckles and grace © . Harlie Ave Design .